At HTC Field Hockey, we are committed to providing quality playing opportunities for athletes of all ages, backgrounds, and genders. We are happy to announce that we will be taking one U14 team to the National Indoor Tournament (NITs) in Lancaster, PA February 15-18th. We will be working with our U16 and U19 teams to qualify for the national tournaments by selecting two U16 teams and two U19 teams to attend the National Indoor Qualifier (NIQs) tournament held on December 16, 2018 for the U19 Squads and December 29, 2018 for U16 Squads.
Indoor field hockey is different from regular field hockey played on the turf or grass outside. Each team is comprised of 5 field-players and 1 goalie. Rules are modified for indoor play; there is no hitting of the ball or lifting, except for when shooting on goal. It is played on a hard surface like sports-court and the field size is little larger than a basketball court, surrounded by 3-5 inch boards that athletes can use as a part of the field of play. This becomes a very fast game that forces athletes to have quick stick skills, good fundamentals, and learn tactics in a very small space.
All participants must have:
- Indoor field hockey stick
- Indoor field hockey gloves (preferably both hands)
- All indoor team travel members MUST have their own Penalty Corner masks.
- Flat-soled Sneakers/Court shoes
Please contact Darren if you need any help finding the appropriate equipment. firstname.lastname@example.org
Indoor Hardcourt Prep Clinics!
We’re happy to announce we will be hosting a series of clinics before the start of the Indoor Season. Join us for the 2018 Indoor (Hardcourt) Refresher/Intro clinics to get prepared for Indoor Try-outs. If you attend a CIAC school please makes sure high school season is finished before joining us.
Star Hill Family Athletic Center- 100 Gerber Rd., Tolland, CT
- Sunday November 11th – 9-11a
- Wednesday November 14th – 6-8pm
2018-19 Winter Indoor Field Hockey Programs
We will have 3 options for all athletes interested in playing Indoor Hardcourt hockey this winter. ALL players interested in the indoor season will be required to register and attend tryouts.
- HTC Indoor Travel Teams: We will have one team for U14 athletes, and two teams for U16 & 1 team for U19 athletes vying to compete and train for the National Indoor Tournaments or any other regional tournament/league. Athletes that Try-out at the Tolland/Middletown will be required to practice twice per week. This will be defined as one Indoor Skills Training session during the week at Tolland, CT (Wednesday nights) or Middletown, CT (Friday nights) and one team practice on the Sundays. There will be additional and separate fees associated with qualifying for the NITs not included in season fee. Please note the rosters are limited for these national and regional tournaments; Indoor Travel Team Tolland/Middletown Tryouts will be held in November after the high school season has been completed.
- HTC Travel Team Hotchkiss (U19 HTC Bearcats): Athletes that Try-out at the Hotchkiss location will train on Sunday evenings only. The team (HTC Bearcats) that is selected to train at the Hotchkiss school will be a U19 Squad. The team will be required to attend tournaments throughout the indoor season that will mostly be on Saturdays (Private school athletes we are working on creating a schedule the does not interfere with Saturday classes). There will be additional and separate fees associated with qualifying for the NITs not included in season fee. Please note the rosters are limited for these national and regional tournaments.
- Indoor Training Team: These sessions are designed for players who may not be able to commit to a full HTC Indoor Travel Team schedule but still want the indoor experience to sharpen their skills. These will be two hour practice sessions comprised of basic indoor fundamentals and the mastery of these skills, high level drills, small games, and competitive scrimmages to take your skills to the next level. This is open to players U12-U19 All interested participants must attend at least ONE try-out (Nov 11th, Nov 18th & Nov 19th).
There will be two locations for the training teams: Tolland Indoor Training Team Practices (Wednesday nights 5-7pm) @ Star Hill Facility
100 Gerber Dr., Tolland CT 06084Middletown Indoor Training Team Practices (Friday nights 7-9pm) Vale Sports Club (Formerly Advanced Sportsplex)
1280 Newfield St, Middletown CT 06457
ALL athletes interested in the Indoor Season must try-out!
Tryouts #1 U19 HTC Bearcats (Hotchkiss):
Sunday, November 11th, 5-7pm
Hotchkiss School, MARS Athletic Center, 22 Lime Rock Road, Lakeville, CT 06039
Tryouts #2 U14, U16, U19, & Training Teams (Tolland/Middletown):
#2a Sunday, November 18th: U19 9-11am, U14 & U16 1030a-1230p
#2b Monday, November 19: All ages 6-8pm
#3 *NEW* Sunday, November 25th: All ages 10a-12p
Starhill Family Athletic Center, 100 Gerber Rd, Tolland, CT
Tentative Fees & Tournaments
Indoor Travel Team – Includes 2 Practices/week & mandatory tournaments (NIQs, HTC Jan 26th, Spook Nook Showcase Feb 2nd, Shooting Star Indoor Mar 15-17th) – approx $1600 (Check out Indoor Travel Team page for more details)
Indoor Skills Training Team – 1 practice/week:
Tolland Training Team (Wednesdays) – $850 – 15 practices
Middletown Training Team (Fridays) – $725 – 12 practices
Payment plans will be available for all participants.
15% off discount if athlete signs for any other Winter club membership at another practice site. Contact Darren for coupon code.
10% off for Sibling Discount
Indoor Teams’ Registration links will be sent out to all participants after tryouts have been completed.
Check back regularly for the 2018-19 Indoor Hockey Season updates!
Join us for an intense and fun winter of training and playing against top competition!
Contact Darren if you have any more specific questions. email@example.com