At HTC Field Hockey, we are committed to providing quality playing opportunities for athletes of all ages, backgrounds, and genders. We are happy to announce that we will be taking one U14 team to the National Indoor Tournament (NITs) in Lancaster, PA February 16-19th. We will be working with our U16 and U19 teams to qualify for the national tournaments by selecting two U16 teams and two U19 teams to attend the National Indoor Qualifier (NIQs) tournament held in December or January in our region.
Indoor field hockey is different from regular field hockey played on the turf or grass outside. Each team is comprised of 5 field-players and 1 goalie. Rules are modified for indoor play; there is no hitting of the ball or lifting, except for when shooting on goal. It is played on a hard surface like sports-court and the field size is little larger than a basketball court, surrounded by 3-5 inch boards that athletes can use as a part of the field of play. This becomes a very fast game that forces athletes to have quick stick skills, good fundamentals, and learn tactics in a very small space.
All participants must have:
- Indoor field hockey stick
- Indoor field hockey gloves (preferably both hands)
- All indoor team members MUST have their own Penalty Corner masks.
- Flat-soled Sneakers/Court shoes
(Indoor Hockey equipment are available in our HTC store)
Please contact Darren if you need any help finding the appropriate equipment. email@example.com
2017 Fall Indoor Hockey Refresher Clinic Showcase Series
We’re excited to announce Indoor hockey clinics hosted by college coaches and national team members. Every week will will be bringing in top coaches to refresh your indoor hockey skills, and provide a terrific opportunity to be observed by college coaches. Some of the coaches planning to attend are from Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, New Haven, Elms, St. Joesphs and many more. Join us for this terrific showcase series. Cost is $210 for all six or $40 each. Sign up using this link: https://htcfieldhockey.sportngin.com/register/form/140577219
All clinics will be held at:
Star Hill Family Athletic Center
100 Gerber rd., Tolland CT
Clinics Dates & Time:
Sunday, September 24th 10a-12p
Sunday October 1st – 10p-12p
Sunday October 22nd – 10-12p
Sunday November 5th – 10a-12p
Sunday November 19th – 10a-12p
Sunday November 26th – 10a-12p
Indoor Team Tryouts will be Dec 1st and Dec 3rd!
2017-18 Winter Indoor Field Hockey Programs
We will have two options for all athletes interested in playing Indoor hockey this winter.
- HTC Indoor Travel Teams: We will have one team for U14 athletes, and two teams for U16 & U19 athletes vying to compete and train for the National Indoor Tournaments or any other regional tournament/league. These athletes will be required to practice twice per week. This will be defined as one Indoor Skills Training session during the week at an indoor location nearest to where the athlete resides and one team practice on the weekends. They will be required to attend a majority of the tournaments throughout the indoor season. There will be additional and separate fees associated with the NIQs, NITs and other tournaments. Please note the rosters are limited for these national and regional tournaments; Team Tryouts will be held the first weekend in December. (Dec 1 and Dec 3rd)
- Indoor Skills Training Sessions: These sessions are designed for players who may not be able to commit to a full HTC Indoor Team schedule but still want the indoor experience to sharpen their skills. These will be a two hour practice sessions comprised of basic indoor fundamentals and the mastery of these skills, high level drills, small games, and competitive scrimmages to take your skills to the next level. HTC Indoor Team members will be required to attend these training sessions on a weekly basis.
There will be two options for these training sessions:
HTC Tolland Indoor Skills Training Sessions @ Star Hill Facility (Wednesday nights 6-8pm)
100 Gerber Dr., Tolland CT 06084
HTC Danbury/Newtown Indoor Skills Training Sessions @ Danbury PAL Building & Newtown Youth Academy (Friday nights 7-9pm)
35 Hayestown Rd., Danbury CT 06811
4 Primrose St., Newtown CT 06470
Full Indoor Team Membership – 2 Practices/week – TBD
Indoor Skills Training Session only – 1 practice/week – TBD
25% off discount if athlete signs for any other Winter club membership at another practice site
10% off for Sibling Discount
Indoor Hockey Club Practice Dates:
Schedule will be posted soon! Check back regularly for the 2017-18 Indoor Hockey Season updates!
Join us for an intense and fun winter of training and playing against top competition!
Contact Darren if you have any more specific questions. firstname.lastname@example.org