At HTC Field Hockey, we are committed to providing quality playing opportunities for athletes of all ages, backgrounds, and genders. We are happy to announce that we will be taking one U14 team to the National Indoor Tournament (NITs) in Lancaster, PA February 16-19th. We will be working with our U16 and U19 teams to qualify for the national tournaments by selecting two U16 teams and two U19 teams to attend the National Indoor Qualifier (NIQs) tournament held on January 13th & 14th at Siena University.
Indoor field hockey is different from regular field hockey played on the turf or grass outside. Each team is comprised of 5 field-players and 1 goalie. Rules are modified for indoor play; there is no hitting of the ball or lifting, except for when shooting on goal. It is played on a hard surface like sports-court and the field size is little larger than a basketball court, surrounded by 3-5 inch boards that athletes can use as a part of the field of play. This becomes a very fast game that forces athletes to have quick stick skills, good fundamentals, and learn tactics in a very small space.
All participants must have:
- Indoor field hockey stick
- Indoor field hockey gloves (preferably both hands)
- All indoor team travel members MUST have their own Penalty Corner masks.
- Flat-soled Sneakers/Court shoes
(Indoor Hockey equipment are available in our HTC store)
Please contact Darren if you need any help finding the appropriate equipment. email@example.com
2017 Fall Indoor Hockey Refresher Clinic Showcase Series
We’re excited to announce Indoor hockey clinics hosted by college coaches and national team members. Every week will will be bringing in top coaches to refresh your indoor hockey skills, and provide a terrific opportunity to be observed by college coaches. Some of the coaches planning to attend are from Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, New Haven, Elms, St. Josephs and many more. Join us for this terrific showcase series. Cost is $210 for all six sessions or $40 each. Sign up using this link: https://htcfieldhockey.sportngin.com/register/form/140577219
All clinics will be held at:
Star Hill Family Athletic Center
100 Gerber Rd., Tolland CT
Clinics Dates & Time:
Sunday, September 24th 10a-12p
Sunday October 1st – 10a-12p
Sunday October 22nd – 10a-12p
Sunday November 5th – 10a-12p
Sunday November 19th – 10a-12p
Sunday November 26th – 10a-12p
Indoor Team Tryouts will be, Nov 29th, Dec 1st and Dec 3rd!
2017-18 Winter Indoor Field Hockey Programs
We will have two options for all athletes interested in playing Indoor hockey this winter. ALL players interested in the indoor season will be required to register and attend tryouts.
- HTC Indoor Travel Teams: We will have one team for U14 athletes, and two teams for U16 & U19 athletes vying to compete and train for the National Indoor Tournaments or any other regional tournament/league. These athletes will be required to practice twice per week. This will be defined as one Indoor Skills Training session during the week at an indoor location nearest to where the athlete resides and one team practice on the weekends. They will be required to attend a majority of the tournaments throughout the indoor season. There will be additional and separate fees associated with the NITs and other tournaments not included in season fee. Please note the rosters are limited for these national and regional tournaments; Team Tryouts will be held Nov 29th, Dec 1st and Dec 3rd. Interested athletes will need to register and attend at least 2 of the 3 sessions.
- Indoor Training Team: These sessions are designed for players who may not be able to commit to a full HTC Indoor Travel Team schedule but still want the indoor experience to sharpen their skills. These will be two hour practice sessions comprised of basic indoor fundamentals and the mastery of these skills, high level drills, small games, and competitive scrimmages to take your skills to the next level. All interested participants must attend at least ONE try-out (Nov 29th, Dec 1st, Dec 3rd).
There will be two locations for the training teams:
Tolland Indoor Training Team Practices (Wednesday nights 6-8pm) @ Star Hill Facility
100 Gerber Dr., Tolland CT 06084
Danbury Indoor Training Team Practices (Friday nights 7-9pm in December) @ Danbury High School (Old Gym) & (Thursday nights 730-930pm starting in January) @ Danbury PAL Building
43 Clapboard Ridge Rd, Danbury, CT 06811
35 Hayestown Rd., Danbury CT 06811
ALL athletes interested in the Indoor Season must try-out! Travel team participants must attend 2 of 3 Tryouts and Training team participants need only attend 1 Tryout.
Wednesday November 29th 6-8pm @ Star Hill Family Athletic Center
Star Hill Family Athletic Facility 100 Gerber Rd., Tolland, CT 06084
Friday December 1st 7-9pm @ Danbury High School (Old Gym)
43 Clapboard Ridge Rd, Danbury, CT 06811
Sunday December 3rd 8a-11a @ Choate Rosmary Hall Athletic Center
328 Christian Street, Wallingford, CT 06492
Indoor Travel Team – Includes 2 Practices/week & 3 mandatory tournaments – $1500
Indoor Skills Training Team – 1 practice/week:
Tolland Training Team – $795
Danbury Training Team – $600
Payment plans will be available for all participants.
15% off discount if athlete signs for any other Winter club membership at another practice site. Contact Darren for coupon code.
10% off for Sibling Discount
Indoor Teams’ Registration links will be sent out to all participants after tryouts have been completed this weekend!
Check back regularly for the 2017-18 Indoor Hockey Season updates!
Join us for an intense and fun winter of training and playing against top competition!
Contact Darren if you have any more specific questions. firstname.lastname@example.org