HTC High Performance Selection Process – East Coast
HTC is proud to announce we will be selecting a High Performance team to train and compete this summer. We will be selecting a U14, U16 and U19 High Performance Team.
All HTC players are eligible to be considered for one of our HP teams!
This Summer our High Performance Teams will have 2 intense practices per week. This program is designed to work on individual skill development, small game concepts, improve player’s game knowledge, and gain valuable 11v11 game experience.
Some possible tournaments that our High Performance Teams might attend are; local tournaments, Shooting Star Regional Cup, Shooting Star Jamboree, and the Shooting Star Kids Cup. These playing opportunities will enable the HP player to compete against top competition, as well as, be evaluated by College coaches either in person or via live game film.
We will select 20-25 players per age group for our High Performance Teams.
Here are the steps for players to take to be considered for one of our High Performance teams;
- All interested players need to register to be considered for the HP Program and pay a small evaluation fee. The deadline to register to be considered for one of our HP teams is June 19, 2020.
- After players register to be considered, they should register and attend Session 1 of our Club Program. These practice sessions allow our coaching staff to evaluate players for our HP teams. Our HP Teams will be announced on July 3, 2020. All selected HP players will receive a registration link to sign up for the HP program. Players that are not chosen for the HP program can attend Session 2 and Session 3 of our Club Program.
U14 Players – 10a-12p
U16 Player – 12p-2p
U19 Players – 2p-4p
Tuesday June 23
Thursday June 25
Tuesday June 30
Thursday July 2
3. Teams will be announced on July 3, 2020. For the players that are selected to the HP Program, we will forward the specific training practice schedule.
- Age requirements for the HP Program is determined by a players age on January 1, 2020.
- Everyone must have USFHA membership that is current through September 1, 2020 and you must select HTC as your affiliated club.
- Deadlines to Register for the Evaluation Opportunities and to be considered for one of our HP teams is June 19, 2020.
- We will announce our Teams on July 3, 2020.
We are very excited to offer our High Performance Program this summer. We anticipate a very competitive summer season and look forward to helping our players take their game to the next level!
Any questions, contact Debra Brickey or Darren Smallhorn; dbrickey@HTCfieldhockey.com