All HTC Events are on Hold because of the Coronavirus. As soon as we are cleared to begin our season, we communicate the revised dates to everyone. Stay safe and we will see you all soon on the field! Cheers!
HTC Regional Club Championship Selection Process – East Coast
HTC is proud to announce we will be entering teams in the USFHA Regional Club Championship Tournaments. We will be taking U14, U16 and U19 Teams to the Region 1-3 Northeast Region for our East Coast participants.
All HTC players are eligible to be considered for one of our RCC teams!
This is the one tournament of the year that we have to select and cut players for our teams.
Each RCC team will have 20 players and 4 alternates named.
There will be over 60 players plus wanting to make each of our RCC teams. So with this very difficult decision for our coaches, it is imperative that all families understand the commitment that will be required if a player is selected. Each player will be required to participate in a training schedule to prepare our teams for the RCC tournaments. We ask that players selected try and make each and every event on the team’s training schedule. There will be a fee to participate in the RCC tournament. This fee will be between $1000-$1500, which will cover the training sessions and the RCC tournament. HTC will work with families that need a payment plan in order to cover this fee.
After discussing and agreeing to these parameters with your family, players can register for the evaluation sessions to be considered for selection to our RCC Teams!
Here are the steps for players to take to be considered for one of our RCC teams;
- All interested players need to register to be considered for the RCC team and pay a small evaluation fee. The deadline to register to be considered for one of our RCC teams is March 28, 2020.
- After players register to be considered, they should attend the practice sessions listed below. These practice sessions allow our coaching staff to evaluate players for our RCC teams. We want to make sure everyone knows that these evaluation sessions are NOT required, but will help our coaches see you play and select the teams. We are requiring all players being considered for the RCC teams to pay the small evaluation fee, regardless if they can attend all practices.
March 16 – Harwinton Site – 6p-8p
March 17 – Tolland Site – 5p-7p
March 21 – Glastonbury Site – 6p-8p
March 22 – Hotchkiss Site – 4p-6p
March 22 – North Branford Site – 3p-5p
March 22 – WMass South Site – 9a-11a
March 24 – Tolland Site – 5p-7p
March 29 – HTC March Madness Tournament – This tournament is not included in the Practices sessions above, but would be your last opportunity to be seen by our RCC Selection Committee. All players interested in competing in this tournament can register HERE
3. Teams will be announced on March 30, 2020. For the players that are selected to the teams, we will forward the specific training practice schedule.
Here is more information about the Regional Club Championship Tournament, which is an USFHA Event.
Only the top sixteen U-14, U-16 and U-19 teams from the Regional Club Championships will earn a ticket to the National Club Championship in 2020. One club team in each division will claim the highly coveted title of National Club Champion. The National Club Championship is an ideal opportunity for clubs to compete against each other in a highly competitive atmosphere and coincides with USA Field Hockey’s mission of growing playing opportunities and the game of field hockey in the United States.
Northeast Region – Region 1-3 RCC Tournaments Dates and Locations
U14 Regional Club Championship Tournament
Choate Rosemary Hall – 333 Christian Street, Wallingford, CT 06492
June 6-7, 2020
U16 Regional Club Championship Tournament
Sacred Heart Greenwich 1177 King Street, Greenwich, CT 06831
May 30-31, 2020
U19 Regional Club Championship Tournament
Seacoast United Outdoor Complex – Epping NH
June 13-14, 2020
- Age requirements for the RCC tournament is determined by a players age on January 1, 2020.
- Everyone must have USFHA membership that is current through August 1, 2020 and you must select HTC as your affiliated club.
- Deadlines to Register for the Evaluation Opportunities and to be considered for one of our RCC teams is March 28, 2020. All players are required to register and pay this fee regardless if a player can attend all evaluation dates.
- We will announce our Teams on March 30, 2020.
We are very excited to compete in this year’s RCC tournaments!
Any questions, contact Debra Brickey or Darren Smallhorn; dbrickey@HTCfieldhockey.com